maandag 16 juli 2012

July 2, Curaçao's Flag Day

Blessed week blog--lover...

Its been a while, yes I know. Last weekend I received the photo's of Curacao's Flag Day that's I'm writing this new blog.
I LOVE CURACAO 


Curacao celebrates Curacao Flag Day as a public holiday.
Every year the island of Curacao come alive with various folklore activities and cultural events on Curacao's Flag Day.


Curaçao's Flag Day creates a heady patriotic atmosphere on the small Caribbean island. Official ceremonies and an extensive program of cultural events take place in Willemstad's Plaza Brion and the north-western village of Barber.

The flag of Curaçao represents the Country of Curaçao as well as the island area within the Netherlands Antilles from 1984 until its dissolution. The flag is a blue field with a horizontal yellow stripe slightly below the midline and two white, five-pointed stars in the canton. 


The blue symbolises the sea and sky (the bottom and top blue sections, respectively) divided by a yellow stroke representing the bright sun which bathes the island. The two stars represent Curaçao and Klein Curaçao, but also 'Love & Happiness'. The five points on each star symbolise the five continents from which Curaçao's people come.








ShennaVision @ Willemstad, Punda-- Renaissance 









Blessed week!


Love,


ShennaVision


                          Get a Look







3 opmerkingen:

  1. Thanks for inviting me to visit your new blog.
    Lovely blog hope to see more posts ^^

    Love from your new follower Emi
    http://emi-doll.blogspot.co.uk/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Your blog is beautiful. I love your photos.

    I am a young French designer jewelry and accessories, I invite you to go look at my facebook page and my shop. Thank you!



    http://www.facebook.com/featherplucked
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/FeatherPlucked

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen